In France, you have the phenomenon La Rentrée – the start of a new season. It is a great happening of the start of a new cultural season, children back to school with new clothes, lunch boxes, new bags etc. With almost ritual ceremony, the new season opens in all kinds of life spheres: political, social, cultural, media. It feels almost like New Year’s Day in September. After weeks of beachlife, sun and holidays, it is time to go back to work and school. The normal life takes over again. Plans must be converted into deeds!
La Rentrée- The Start of a New Season
La Rentrée is something I love about France. Everyone is involved of La Rentrée. It is also the period that I started my blog (on Blogger), now three years ago! The start of a new season, the start of something new. I see this in a positive way but for the French, la Rentrée is not always a good period. They feel the stress again. After the holiday sand the outdoor living, they suddenly realizes how busy and crazy the city is, how full the metro, how expensive the groceries are.
But what do la rentrée means to me? I am not living in France, so I am not particapting into this but I have my own La rentrée.
My La Rentrée
- Clean up my wardrobe. This is something I really love to do and I do it twice a year. In the end of the winter and in the end of the Summer.
- Check my favorite web shops for fashion inspiration and especially for a new coat. This year I would like to buy a new woolen dark blue trench coat.
- Finishing the last part of my book.
- Make a to do list for the winter months. During the Winter months, I am so much productive 🙂
- Change the living room with accessories. Last year, we renovated the living room and now it is time to buy some other accessories to change it a little bit
- Think about a weekend away during coming Autumn days. I hope Autumn will be pretty again like last year (I don’t want to think about Winter :))
- To set up a plan for the last three months of this year. I am not a big planner, but sometimes I have to schedule things to save the overview.
- Buy the September Issues of the fashion magazines.
- Hope for a beautiful Autumn season.
- Secretly thinking about a holiday in the new year 🙂
What do you think about la rentrée?
And what’s your goal for the last quarter of this year?