10 Things to do in Paris this summer
Paris is always a good idea, especially during the summer months. The city has so much to offer that there is something for everyone! Last year, I visitied the city in August and I can highly recommend it. It was less busier and there were enough cafe’s, restaurants and shops open to have wonderful days!
I made a list of 10 things to do in Paris this summer.
- Paris Plages (till September 2). Get a real beach feeling along the Seine. You can enjoy dancing classes, exercise classes, beach volley, jeu de boules and outdoor cafe’s.
- Strolling through shady streets to discover new hotspots. End your walk at a terrace with a drink to rest your feet.
- Reading a book in one of the parks, such as Parc des Buttes-Chaumont, Jardin des Plantes, Jardin du Luxembourg or Jardin des Tuileries.
- Spending your day at the Canal Saint-Martin where you can find nice cafe’s and restaurants and photogenic views.
- Get fashion and food inspiration at BHV in Marais, a favorite department store of the Parisians
- Watching films in the cinema to escape the heat or enjoy an outdoor movie in the evening. Buy “Pariscope” to chose movies. Outdoor cinema’s are Cinema en Plein Air festival from July 22 till August 23 (Parc de la Vilette). Movies starts around 8.30 pm.
- Seine – riverside walks in the shade and enjoy the incredible views.
- Visit famer markets such as Marché Raspail in Saint-Germain, Marché des Batignoles, Marché d’Aligre and Richard Lenoir near Bastille and Marché d’Enfants Rouge in Marais.
- Buy baguettes, cheese, fruits and drinks and enjoy a pick nick with a view on the Eiffel Tower.
- An romantic evening outside Paris in a chateux which is illuminated by 2,000 candles. You can sit at the terraces facing the chateaux and enjoy a drink and classical music. The evening ends by 10.50 pm and is called “Candlelit Saturday”.
Have you ever been in Paris during the summer months? What’s your favorite thing to do