10 Rules When I Buy New Clothes
Shopping…it can be a lovely thing to do but sometimes you are overwhelmed by the many shops, brands and trends. To make it more easy for you, I share my 10 rules when I buy new clothes.
- First thing I do is to check my wardrobe. Which clothes do I have the most? What do I miss? I love to check this first and create a shopping list to avoid bad bargains.
- I often shop during the early mornings, it’s less crowd.
- With a lovely cup of tea (link) I search for inspiration. Zalando, H&M, Pinterest, de Bijenkorf.., Vogue.fr
- I plan a day when I will shopping and where? Amsterdam? The Hague?
- I wear proper undergarments and shoes on my shopping day for a good view of your outfit.
- When I am shopping, I often make a “shopping” round to see what’s on sale and then I make decisions what I would like to buy. Quality is more important then quantity.
- When it’s “Sale” time I often buy the classic pieces: white tops, T-shirts, jeans, bags, shoes, coats….
- I always plan a lunch between shopping, to rest my feet and to think about the purchases which I will make.
- I follow my intuition – if I have to talk myself into it, it’s not right, so then I pass.
- Enjoy shopping!
What’s your rule for buying new clothes?