10 Fashion Things I keep in Mind
Over the years my fashion style has changed a lot. I’m working on it more and I like to develop it continuously. I have learned a lot about myself and my style. And I am still learning. So I would like to share my 10 fashion things I keep in mind everyday. I hope I will inspire you too!
My Fashion Rules
- I choose my outfit the night before. It is important to start a new day fresh and without hurry!
- To get ready for work, I plan enough time! No snoozing alarms! I love to take time to have my breakfast. Oatmeal, blueberries and yoghurt. It is an important moment for the whole day.
- I follow (stylish) women for everyday inspiration. How do they mix their outfits? What’s their style? I always use Pinterest and Instagram for inspiration.
- Everyday, I try to dress for the occasion and for the weather. I always check the weather forecast and if I have a meeting, I choose an outfit for this occasion.
- What I’ve learned during these years: wear clothes that fit and flatter. This is something to remember all the time during the shopping sessions. Don’t look too much on the sizes. It’s only a number! If it don’t fit and flatter, let it go and look for something that makes your figure happier!
- I anchore my look with one expensive-looking piece. The French women often look impossibly chic in a jeans and basic t-shirt. How do they do that? The fit is an important thing but also to add a belt or (vintage) accessory or a beautiful bag to the outfit.
- Never lounge in “everyday” clothes. I never lounge in blazers, blouses and dresses. I wear a comfy outfit to lounge on the couch and I never left the house in this outfit! 🙂
- I always fold and hang up my clothes. I treat my clothes with a lot of love!
- To keep a fashion emergency kit handy. A little kit wit a tide pen, safety pins, band aids, blisters…. you never know what can happen on your way!
- The most important: I always try to stay true to my personal style.
What’s your fashion style?